Friday, July 20, 2007

Bear Hug Defense

Here, I am in a bear hug where my
opponent has his arms over mine.
To break free, I bring my arms up
and my body down simultaneously.
I quickly step behind him, placing
my right leg behind his left. I then
grab his legs as shown and posture
up, pulling up on his legs and putting
him on his back.
In this situation, my opponent has me in a head lock. It is important to first
secure his right arm so he cannot punch me in the face, then the other so he can not
squeeze so hard or reposition to choke. I use my left hand under his left leg and
squat low with my legs. Dropping my weight and backing up will off balance my opponent
slightly.
When I’m ready, I move the right hand to his face, back up some more and turn
him to the right and I lift a little with my left hand.
1 2

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home