Sunday, July 15, 2007

Head to Chest

Hopefully you have learned from the
last few pages that it is much safer
to have you head against your
opponent’s chest and to hold him so
he cannot make space to strike.
Notice that I also step to the side to
avoid getting kneed in the stomach
and groin.
Here, I am caught in a tie up and to
avoid a striking situation with a larger
opponent, I begin to move myself
closer by ‘pummeling’.
I ‘swim’ with my arms under his right
with my left. As I do so, I bring my
head close to his chest and then
repeat the process on the other
side.
Here, my opponent moves his hips back a little to break the clinch. He notices
that I am making a move to punch, so he controls my head with his right hand, then
releases his grip with his left arm.
He will then land an elbow to the side of my face, generating power from the
hips. This can be a very effective strike at close range.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home