Monday, July 09, 2007

Baiting Punches

In this case, I will drop my hands a
little to draw my opponent’s (left)
attention to my head. Why?
Because I want him to attempt a
punch to my head. In doing so, his
elbows will raise from his waist and
clear a path to it for me to enter for
a take down.
When I drop my hands, I keep my
leg close and my head back. I also
grab his lead hand as shown, this
will encourage the punch to come
from the rear hand, which is slower
and can be easily seen coming. I
tilt my head back slightly to keep it
just out of range, just in case.
As my opponent punches, I slip to
the side and parry his right arm as
shown with my left hand.
When I clinch, I hold his back tightly
to stop him from stepping back, getting
distance and punching again.
Notice how my left shoulder is
touching my left ear. This is to
avoid the guillotine choke. My head
is also high under his armpit to stop
him from elbowing me to the back of
the head.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home