Monday, June 25, 2007

The pressure

created on
my opponent’s r ight shoulder
will cause him to lose his balance
to the right side of his body.
I will take advantage of
this loss of balance by hooking
my r ight leg behind his r ight
leg (figure 4). When I do so, I
must be sure to pass my cent
e r line beyond his and lean
forward so he cannot counter
my throw.
At this point, I will use
the O Soto Gari technique by
k i cking my r ight leg up and
back, reaping my opponent’s
r ight leg. As I do this, I dr ive
my r ight shoulder into his r ight
shoulder and maintain pressure
on his shoulder.
The combination of the
movements described above will
cause my opponent to fall to
the floor as shown in figure 5.
Once my opponent is on the
floor, I will secure his arm for
potential follow -up techniques.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home