Friday, June 15, 2007

To begin this movement, I

control my opponent’s right hand
with my left (figure 3). Note that I
will not let go of this hand throughout
the course of the entire technique
- this is important. My right
arm reaches over my opponent’s
left arm until my right hand is
pointing down between my opponent’s
arms.
In figure 4, I step forward
slightly with my right leg and thrust
my right hand between my opponent’s
arms, passing my right side
to my opponent’s left. I duck my
head under his right armpit while
still controlling his right arm. This
control of the right arm will be
important later to finish him, but is
crucial now to protect myself from
potential chokes that my opponent
may choose to apply.
By practicing this technique,
you will notice that if it is
being performed on you, your
right wrist will begin to twist if you
choose to continue holding my
jacket. Once you master this
movement, you may try it quickly in
oder to actually flip your opponent
over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home