Monday, June 04, 2007

Getting to the Clinch 2 (Baiting)
This method of getting to
the clinch is a “baiting method”.
In this situation, I place my legs
at a close distance to my opponent,
but lean back slightly so
that my head is just out of my
opponent’s reach. In order to
encourage my opponent to
attempt a strike to my head, I
lower my hands away from my
face. Two things make it safe
for me to do so:
-My head is out of his reach.
-I am anticipating the strike to
my head.
Once my opponent
throws the strike (figure 2), I
lean forward. As I lean forward,
I keep my hands up to protect
my face from both kicks and
punches.
As I “enter” in figure 3, I
hold him with my left hand to
prevent him from moving back
and control his arm with my right
arm. I place my head to his
chest in order to protect my
face from punches.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home