Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Takedowns from the Clinch

Once I have reached the
c l i n ch position, I must use it
to my advantage . i l l u st rated
i n f i g u r e 1 , I d rop to one
knee. I do so with my chest
very close to my opponent ’s
l e g , l e a v i n g h i m w i t h v e ry l i t t l e
space to st r ike.
Next (figure 2), I hug my
opponent’s legs at the knees,
clasping both hands.
Once I have control of
his legs, I squeeze my arms
together, nar rowing my opponent’s
base. Once my opponent’s
base is weak, I will dr ive
my head forward, pushing of f
my r ight leg for power and
s i m u l taneously pull his legs
toward me.
This movement will cause
my opponent to fall backward
( figure 3). As my opponent
falls, I will hug his legs tightly,
squeezing them together as I
move around to one side of his
body in order to control him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home