Monday, February 05, 2007

On the other hand, I have never had to protect a true celebrity, other
than my wife (warm fuzzy for the compliment), so I don’t know about fan
control.
If a ton of folks were coming from the front, and I had to protect on my
own (no other bodyguards), I might be very inclined to shove my client
behind me for protection. See what I mean?
Back to the kick ...
Or to phrase it differently ... for this exercise, you need a back kick.
And not just any back kick.
If your client will be positioned behind you, you’ll need the extension
of a full back kick — called by different names in different styles, but
basically a donkey kick that reaches behind. I try to make contact with my
heel, with my toes pointed toward the ground.
Then I thrust backward with good leg extension.
This is a powerful kick.
On the other hand, if I instead position myself behind my client, then I
need a shorter kick. I don’t need to reach past my client to the attacker. I
only need to lift my heel, by bending at the knee, so it pops into my
attacker’s groin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home